Energy Performance Certificates for your Hondon Property

Let us help you with this legal requirement

EPC Energy Performance Certificate

THE LAW SAYS: If you are currently looking to sell or rent your property in Spain then you are obliged by law to have an ESP, (Energy Performance Certificate / Certificado de Eficiencia Energetica). If you do not already hold an EPC and you are selling or renting your property then you will need to contact us to arrange this.

1. What is an Energy Performance Certificate?

The EPC is an official report that describes how efficient your home is in terms of energy consumption. An EPC certificate will show a rating ranging from "A" (most efficient) to "G" (least efficient).

2. How to I obtain an Energy Performance Certificate?

To obtain an EPC your home needs to be assessed by a fully qualified assessor / architect. Hondon Villas have a contact list of EPC assessors and their fees are one of the lowest in the area. Just call us to arrange an EPC for you.


The official assessor will visit your home and rate it according to the official energy efficiency scale. He/She will check your Hondon/Spanish home and take measurements and notes. Your home will also be registered with the correct authorities. The EPC certificate will be valid for 10 years from the assessing date. However, if your home undergoes any renovation or major structural changes then it will need to be re-assessed.

3. How much is it to obtain the energy performance certificate?

Well it actually depends on the size of your property and local costs. The larger the property, the higher the cost due to the extra work required. In general, a typical 3 bed / 2 bath family villa would be approx' 150€ + IVA.

4. When do I need an EPC?

You will need a valid EPC certificate BEFORE SELLING your Spanish property. This certificate needs to be produced at the notary on the day of completion.

More about Legal Documents: Property Documentation | Learn about the Hondon Valley, Costa Blanca South, Spain


Facebook YouTube Twitter Protected by Copyscape

©2024 HONDON VILLAS [NIF B42662981], Costa Blanca South, Spain (since 2006) | EMAIL: property @t
An AIPP registered ESTATE AGENT in the HONDON VALLEY | Hondon de los Frailes | Hondon de las Nieves
Villas, Homes and Apartments in the Hondon Valley | Real Estate (Spanish Property) Agents.